PORTAL | REGISTER | PDA | QUR'AN SEARCH | WHAT'S ISLAM? | TELL A FRIEND | RULES

Information Center on myIWC Forums
Go Back   myIWC Forums > ISLAMIC-NATURE > Current Affairs
User Name
Password

Old 10-07-2006, 00:17
Administrator

Tayeb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tayeb Send a message via MSN to Tayeb Send a message via Yahoo to Tayeb
Don't be so simplistic. First and second world war weren't caused by Muslims. Native americans and australians weren't almost removed from face of earth by Muslims. Muslims didn't invent Inquisition. It took 200 years for Muslims to have an effective answer to Crusaders. It was Crusaders that helped in bringing down the Eastern Roman Empire with unwaranted attack on Constantinople.

You want me to tell you about recent history?

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 10-07-2006, 01:48

macmuslim is on a distinguished road
A typical Muslim view of the world:
"Oh woe is me, I fire rockets at people and they fire them back. Oh why oh why do they do that."

Actually, John, if truth be told, to me that sounds like
1) the Israeli Zionist regime "We steal land and oppress people, why oh why do they fight back?"
2) the United Snakes of America "We bomb indiscriminately. Who the hell are you to do the same?"
3) Tony Blair - "I ignored the will of the UK people and went to war in Iraq. But the Muslims don't do enough amongst themselves to stop terrorism."

And if we are talking about victim obsession, isnt this the card played by the Zionists with regard to WW2 and the US with regard to Sept 11th?
Old 10-07-2006, 23:14
Banned

Netcurtains3 is on a distinguished road
....just a slight correction
Turkey was a key player in World War 1 and a Muslim was one of the bombers that started the war.

But you knew that.

Bored now.
Old 02-11-2006, 00:54

Crotalushunter is on a distinguished road
I'm just trying to learn my way around these threads, but it appears the most common defense of atrocities committed in the name of Islam, is to point toward other religions and the atrocities committed in their names. It's relativism of the "Oh yeah, but you're are/were worse," kind and a logical fallacy to boot.
Old 04-11-2006, 12:48
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Tayeb Send a message via MSN to Tayeb Send a message via Yahoo to Tayeb
Dear Crotalushunter,

No one here defends atrocities in name of whoever they are done. I really don't understand you. It seems you thiong Islam mean dark-skinned or mdiddle-eastern type people. Islam is a religion professed by all people of different races, nations etc. It has nothing to do with race.

On this poll that has been going on for quite a while, those that participate can say yes, no or whatever. There's no imposition of vote. I hope this is clear to you.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 04-11-2006, 16:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayeb
Dear Crotalushunter,

No one here defends atrocities inb name of whoever they are done. I really don't understand you. It seems you thiong Islam mean dark-skinned or mdiddle-eastern type people. Islam is a religion professed by all people of different races, nations etc. It has nothing to do with race.

On this poll that has been going on for quite a while, those that participate can say yes, no or whatever. There's no imposition of vote. I hope this is clear to you.

Ma'a-salaama,
I don't recall saying nothing of race. While I agree Islam can be a simple religion. Today it appears to be more of a socio-political ideology.
Old 04-11-2006, 17:33
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalushunter
I don't recall saying nothing of race. While I agree Islam can be a simple religion. Today it appears to be more of a socio-political ideology.
Dear Crotalushunter,

That's your opinion. Islam has never separated worldly with personal and spiritual.

Muslims do their daily five times a day prayers, pay alms, and do the things they have to do as Muslims. If you say that Muslims whould be ready to give the orher cheek that's not the way Muslims think. It's always good to give the other cheek but if unbearable we have the right to fight back.

Perhaps you ought to star another topic if you want to understand better Islam.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 04-11-2006, 17:43

Quote:
Dear Crotalushunter,

That's your opinion. Islam has never separated worldly with personal and spiritual.

Muslims do their daily five times a day prayers, pay alms, and do the things they have to do as Muslims. If you say that Muslims whould be ready to give the orher cheek that's not the way Muslims think. It's always good to give the other cheek but if unbearable we have the right to fight back.

Perhaps you ought to star another topic if you want to understand better Islam.

Ma'a-salaama,
Again, you seem to be discussing that which I did not even mention. I'm not understanding you.
Old 06-11-2006, 12:23
Administrator

I responded to your statement:

On the race elsewhere you were implicit on if you don't like go back to your country. If you like I can dig out what you said and write here.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 06-11-2006, 13:16

Quote:
I responded to your statement:

On the race elsewhere you were implicit on if you don't like go back to your country. If you like I can dig out what you said and write here.

Ma'a-salaama,
I wrote, in order:
"I'm just trying to learn my way around these threads, but it appears the most common defense of atrocities committed in the name of Islam, is to point toward other religions and the atrocities committed in their names. It's relativism of the "Oh yeah, but you're are/were worse," kind and a logical fallacy to boot."

"I don't recall saying nothing of race. While I agree Islam can be a simple religion. Today it appears to be more of a socio-political ideology."

"to which you wrote:

Dear Crotalushunter,

Perhaps you ought to star another topic if you want to understand better Islam."

and then I wrote"
"Again, you seem to be discussing that which I did not even mention. I'm not understanding you."

And countries are multi-racial ...
Old 13-07-2009, 01:46

eletricfusion is on a distinguished road
I think so...
I am very tired of people calling me names and terrorists every day.
Old 26-07-2009, 23:41

ginap is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crotalushunter View Post
Socio political ideology? No, Islam does not separate religion from culture and ways of living. The Quran gives specific guidance on how to live with regards to every aspect of one's life. It explains social obligations each man has towards his fellow man. It explains a woman's role. It explains people's roles towards society and their religion. Other religions are more like a one day a week hobby where people go about their day to day lives and one day a week they go to their congregation and pray and think about God. Islam expects and demands Muslims exercise the judgement and manners specified in the religion in their day to day affairs. It has come to the forefront politically because governments want to institute their own laws which may be in conflict with original laws handed down. So if you have a government's laws or religious law which do you obey? The governments respond to the public who want relaxed social laws.
Old 27-07-2009, 08:41
Banned

Netcurtains3 is on a distinguished road
if it was would that be a good thing?
A bad thing?
Neutral?

To my mind religions, politics, cultural practices should be confronted if you strongly disagree with them - to the point of war if the practice is so bad (slavery, terror leaders, racist leaders, Chinese imperialism, Islamic stuff, Christianity, Judsism, Hinduism, Westernism ). However sometimes what is required to win is not a war but a race...... The Space Race in many ways defeated communism. I think its time to go to Mars - lets beat the others out there by simply being loads and loads better. That is the Capitalist way.
We'll beat you in the end not with a bang but a whimper as policial religion disappears in a puff of Marsian rocket fuel. Lets take their ball away and play our own game - The Apollo (son of God) Space Race Mark 2.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: