PORTAL | REGISTER | PDA | QUR'AN SEARCH | WHAT'S ISLAM? | TELL A FRIEND | RULES

Information Center on myIWC Forums
Go Back   myIWC Forums > ISLAMIC-NATURE > Current Affairs
User Name
Password

Old 30-09-2005, 12:34
Administrator

Tayeb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Tayeb Send a message via MSN to Tayeb Send a message via Yahoo to Tayeb
Post New Poll: Is Islam under attack?

Assalamu-alaikum and greetings:

We have now a new survey here "Is Islam under attack?". Do particpate by casting your vote. Voting is completely anonymous though we have means to catch cheaters.

You can vote in this poll at the main page of this portal.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 30-09-2005, 13:36
Banned

Netcurtains3 is on a distinguished road
Tayeb,
Its a meaningless poll.
All religions and secular non-beliefs are after the same market and want to increase their market share at the expense of competitors. The market is very aggressive.

What you appear to mean is this sort of question:

"Is Islam appearing to be weak to its competitors and are these competitors trying to exploit these weaknesses at the expense of Islam?"

Obviously the "weakness" appears to be a perception of cultural limitations on women in some islamic states, a perception that Islam has a current history of hurting people who convert to other faith systems and also a perception that Islam is against democracy and Islam is against legal systems built around the rights of the individual rather then religious laws. This is over and above any problems there might be with the historically accurateness of any key figures (as per all religions) and trying to come to terms with modern scientific theories. the world is currently moving at a very fast rate.

Last edited by Netcurtains3 : 30-09-2005 at 18:52.
Old 30-09-2005, 15:49

johara is on a distinguished road
Brother Tayeb, i say no to this poll,not because i am Catholic, but because i feel that all religions have people percicute their beliefs,and i feel thease people are just ignorant.In my faith the Romans killed Catholics,for our beliefs,our maryters,died for our faith.There are allways a few that cause trouble for religions.Look at the Athiests who say UNDER GOD,should not be said in schools.......I have allways said the Pledge in school when i was young girl in Catholic school,and now in USA this is being attacked by people who do not believe.........very sad indeed.......so not just Islam,that have people that attack your faith,all religions have and still are being criticized............regards johara
Old 30-09-2005, 17:53
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Tayeb Send a message via MSN to Tayeb Send a message via Yahoo to Tayeb
I will alow free discussion before intervening. However I disagree with John as there's a perspetion that Islam is being tergeted, and the most flagrant violations of all is Guantanamo prison camp, that nobody with sound mind can defend it.
Old 30-09-2005, 19:17
Banned

Oh Tayeb,
You did not make that clear. If you mean this current western "terrorist" thing is targeting people from an "islamic" background - then of course that is very true. I would have thought that so apparent it wouldn't be worth saying.

I thought you meant in a more general sense, a theological sense: Is Islam being attacked in a theological way? In this sense too of course its under attack, as are all religions and non-religions.

I don't defend the "Guantanamo prison camp" or any abuse of civil liberties - whether they are from terrorists trying to hurt us or the state over abusing its powers.

If you saw Question Time last night on BBC1 they had a right-wing "Christian" fundamentalist on the panel. You could see that there were many there who acted very verbally aggressively towards him, trying to make him a laughing stock.

If the question is of a more personal nature:
on 7/7 an "islamic" person tried to murder me (I was on the train network during the attacks), I'm a neo-athiest Church going Catholic, and in response the police did not target an "islamic" person they shot dead a Roman Catholic boy with 8 shots to the head.

I voted "really a lot" because all beliefs and non-beliefs are being attacked "really a lot" .... Currently the winning belief is something called "secularism" but it has weaknesses and it will not last. Its problem is a drift towards "the lowest common denominator" which as each decade goes on gets lower and lower.

The worst wars in recent memory have to be Rwanda and the Iran V Iraq war. Also many wars in Africa, South America, Indonesia, Ex-Soviet republics (some islamic some not), Cambodia and Vietnam. A bit further back - Korea.

Net

Last edited by Netcurtains3 : 30-09-2005 at 21:39.
Old 01-10-2005, 00:53

johara is on a distinguished road
I think that Gitmo should be closed as many Americans also say.Thease men should be sent to their own counrties and if they are inocent be it.As i see my Muslim friends say Allah knows best
Old 16-10-2005, 01:59

Kharib is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kharib Send a message via MSN to Kharib Send a message via Yahoo to Kharib
I have met many people who are very intolerant towards Muslims. Most of them the right Christians here, the same ones who take up drinking and other forbidden acts while claiming to be "following God". Some of them have even professed their wish that the US continue their assault on Islam. I have also met members of the US guard who say that a lot of doctrinization is more or less anti-Arab and anti-Muslim. There is no doubt the US fosters this on purpose. Their goal is to eradicate Islam, unfortunately there is little unity to fight back with, yet.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:57

xioncrow2 is on a distinguished road
um ya

Of Course there’s an attack on Islam.
It’s the very nature of the question. The foundation of this world view is a desire, no a need to be attacked. When will there not be? If All the World converted to Islam, what version would it be? Sunni, Shiite? Come on there is a strong foundation to fight against those ‘competitive religions’ Its always that way.

So really when do you look into yourself alone with the Koran & listen to Allah within yourself & ask as an individual, is this my fight or the groups fight?
As long as one sees us vs. them, there will always be… an attack.

Idiots.

The same holds true for the reactive military/industrial/republican(when it’s convenient) Christians. All Are Extreme. All are about Power, All are about control.

All are about Him.

Very few are aware of our common ground, or us.

There is no other than the one YOU choose to see.
Sunni, Shiite.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:39
Administrator

Dear xioncrow,

My terms of reference aren't exactly the same as you are saying. Let me explain: just like the native indians were living on a vast almost unexplored continent, Muslims sit on large energy resources. In the past it was land, nowadays is energy. There comes then the military/industrial complex of american imperisalists.

If you look at this war as a war of interests, of taking control of resources, of a savage capitalism, then you may understand why Muslims are being targeted.

Muslims don't seek a World conversion to Islam. That's a wrong notion because in fact any Muslim is taught that conversion comes from within. You have been here for a long time as our member. Have we tried to convert you? What do we always say? Is it not "it's up to Allah!"?

The sunni shii problem exists no doubt. It's an ideological difference not really of basic principles of Islam. Both sunni and shiah believe in One Only God and that Muhammad is His Last Messenger. Both believe that the Holy Qur'an is the Word of God. The differences arose from concept of political power, after the death of the prophet Muhammad.

Sunnis, unlike shii (which means party by the way, party of the family of the prophet) said that a caliph (leader) could be anyone who's upright and fulfills the criteria of a believer. Shii said that a leader could only be from the family of the prophet and chose Ali, the son-in-law of the prophet. Ali eventually also became caliph. He was the fourth caliph after Abu Bakr, Umar and Uthman.

Sunni and shiis are everywhere and there are no conflicts betwwen them. Where do we see conflicts? In Iraq, where there's an occupying power supported by the master of all imperisalists, the british, who fully know how to divide and rule and in Pakistan from time to time, that's the biggest laboratory of sysops of enemies of Islam.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 07-04-2006, 23:32

ginap is on a distinguished road
Post New Poll: Is Islam Under Attack

Usamah said we were in a Holy War. Many did not believe him. Some even accused him of trying to start one; but it has been there, just unrecognized. What is even worse, if it is true, is that there is a conspiracy too. Go to prisonplanet.com and read Dr. Robert M. Bowman's interview. Dr. Bowman was the head of the Star Wars Space Defense System under President's Ford and Carter and he thinks Dick Cheney masterminded 9/11. He left his job when he found out the US was not planning the Star Wars Defense System primarily as a defense system, but wanted the capability to launch nuclear weapons on Russia. Dick Cheney has long been planning world conquest. In larouchepub.com back in February 2005 under the articles section is an article detailing something Cheney co-wrote with others in Washington on how to destabilize the entire Middle East, and those plans have now come to fruition. The basis of all of that is an evilness, a desire for conquest at any cost. They want all the Islamic countries to become 'liberated' and 'democratized', they also want all the oil as a thank you; but to be able to accomplish this, they must eliminate Islam because the Muslims who live in the countries they want to take over will object to being forced to adopt and accept Western ways. Why does France ban the hijab? They do not want Islam in their country. Why does the US violate it's own Constitution in it's treatment of Muslim prisoners? The US does not want to recognize Islam, or give any Muslim the same rights a non-Muslim prisoner would have; so yes there is a war on Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayeb
Assalamu-alaikum and greetings:

We have now a new survey here "Is Islam under attack?". Do particpate by casting your vote. Voting is completely anonymous though we have means to catch cheaters.

You can vote in this poll at the main page of this portal.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 07-04-2006, 23:56
Banned

oi ginap,

you care NOTHING for the muslim working class people. [ADMIN: insulting word removed and given 3 warning points - it isn't first time you have used insulting words - control yourself John or you'll be banned from here! My apologies to sr ginap]

Look at the list of corruption tables you will see ICELAND is the least corrupt nation on the planet followed by most of the other scandinavian states. This is where modern WORKING CLASS democracy originated from.

This is what democractic WIKIPEDIA stays about corruption:

"
Some argue that the following conditions are favorable for corruption:

1 Concentration of power in decision makers who are not practically accountable to the people.
2 Democracy absent or dysfunctional. See illiberal democracy.
3 Lack of government transparency (Freedom of information) in decision making.
4 Contempt for or negligence of exercising freedom of speech or freedom of the press.
"

Yeah, you bow down to the whims of your billioniare shieks, or you can stand up and be COUNTED.... I am not a THING, I am a free man and I will not be made a fool of by you billionaire scum bags. I demand to be heard!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:33

um noori is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netcurtains3
oi ginap,

you care NOTHING for the muslim working class people. You are scum!
WARNING!! Netcuratains you can't call people with such names!!

Mind your language please!!

Sorry ginap for this, you are a very valueable member of our site.

um noori

Last edited by um noori : 08-04-2006 at 12:38.
Old 08-04-2006, 14:40
Banned

Its immoral to come up with stuff like this:

"
but to be able to accomplish this, they must eliminate Islam because the Muslims who live in the countries they want to take over will object to being forced to adopt and accept Western ways. Why does France ban the hijab?
"

With no backing citations, or evidence of any kind. Islam was not banned when most of the Middle East was in French, Spanish and UK hands. We were not nice to Arabic people but we had nothing against their religion.

so hence the word (and its also a lie to say france bans head scarves - it does not - it simply insists on everyone wearing school uniforms at school. People can wear what they want in their own time).
Old 09-04-2006, 18:36
Administrator

Dear John,

In your catholic Spain, from end of civil war to 1975 some 200,000 people were killed, some faced firing squads, some were hanged and many died in forced-labour that lasted over 20 years. Your catholic chuch worked closely with fascist Franco in oppressing spaniards that happened to be against dictatorship.

Ma'a-salaama,
Old 09-04-2006, 19:04
Banned

Tayeb,
Lets get the facts right, you are the Franco-ite here not me. Its you who think democracy is bad and religious dictatorship good. You are a Franco-ite.

John

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: